Pray For The Unrest in Haiti
Please keep praying for the nation of Haiti as the unrest continues. Over recent months, many major Haitian cities including Port au Prince, Gonaives, and Cap Haitian have been experiencing violent socio-political crisis.Â Demonstrators are asking President Moise to resign upon allegations of corruption.Â
These events have deeply affected Compassionâ€™s work around the country. Many of Compassion's church partners are closed and at points, thousands of children have been forced to stay at home to remain safe. National office staff members have had huge difficulties returning home from work and many continue to work from home.
Church leaders and Compassion Haiti national office staff are monitoring the situation very closely to assist families as much as possible.
â€śHaiti is one of the most vulnerable countries to extreme weather events and has long had chronic problems trying to feed its population," explains Guilbaud Saint-Cyr, Compassion Haiti National Director.
"Besides this catastrophic situation, the country has been facing interminable political instability since last year.Â
We believe that God has appointed us for a time like this and want to do the best we can to keep bringing hope to our dear sponsored children and youth. We are working alongside our church partners to provide appropriate holistic support to them in this trial time that our nation has been facing.Â We rely on the prayers of the spiritual warriors throughout our partners.â€ť
As always, we'll contact you if your sponsored child has been directly affected.
6 ways we can be praying for the protests and violence in haiti
Please join us in praying for peace and stability for the nation of Haiti. Please pray for:
- Stability and peace forÂ Port-au-Prince and the other cities affected.
- God's protection over the people of Haiti during this time of unrest. Pray particularly that children would be kept safe.Â
- Wisdom for the government leaders - both the ruling and opposition parties.
- Churches in the areas where violence has broken out, including Compassion's partner churches. We pray they would be beacons of light and hope for their communities during this time.
- Provision of food, medicine and fuel for those in need. Pray particularly for the island of La Gonave where the 100,000 inhabitants are having huge difficulties accessing food, drinking water and medicines.
- Wisdom for Compassion Haiti National Office as they co-ordinate with church partners.
- Pray for the people of Petit-GoĂ˘ve and Artibonite regions who are recovering from flooding last month.
A prayer for Haiti
Father we pray for your peace for Haiti. We pray that no more children would be injured by the violence. We pray for a swift resolution that will bring stability and security. We ask that this nation would know your justice and hope. In Jesus' mighty name we pray. Amen
Discover more about our work in Haiti