Stewarding your money
Here at Compassion we're passionate about doing things with excellence, including the way we manage our finances. We work hard to ensure donations are used strategically, for the greatest benefit of children in poverty.
From our fundraising activities to our programme activities, we‚Äôre accountable for every penny we spend. Our field offices have both internal and external audits regularly and our own office here in the UK is audited externally each year. As a UK Charity and Limited Company, all our accounts are filed with Companies House and the Charity Commission.
HOW WE SPEND YOUR DONATIONS
Last year, 88% of our income was spent on charitable activities. 80% to directly benefit children in poverty and 8% for support costs.
At least 80% of Gift Aid is used to support children living in poverty through RESPOND¬†Initiatives, specific grants, child ministry and initiatives to advocate on behalf of children.
CHILD, FAMILY AND PROJECT GIFTS
100% of child, family and project gifts go to the beneficiary. Our local project staff and church leaders will help choose a gift that will really make a difference to those receiving it.
HIGHLIGHTS FROM OUR 2017/18 ANNUAL REPORT
As our 2017-2018 Annual Report shows, from 1 July 2017 to 30 June 2018, we received ¬£41,598,000 in income. This is a 4.1 percent increase from last year and enabled us to release more children from poverty across the world.
- We saw new sponsorships of 12,619 children.
- Our donations for supporting sponsored and unsponsored children increased by ¬£813,000 to ¬£29,932,000.
- Our Sponsorship Plus Fund is used to meet critical needs of the children. As a result of more sponsors choosing to give an extra ¬£5 per month, donations to
Sponsorship Plus increased to ¬£347,000.
- Donations to RESPOND Interventions, Child Survival Programmes and the Most Needed Fund increased to ¬£1,819,000.
- Donations given to purchase a gift for a child, their family or their project increased by 23% to ¬£1,915,000.
- Gift Aid claimed during the year increased by ¬£472,000 to ¬£6,329,000.
Take the next step and sponsor a child today
Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Transparency Statement
Honouring¬†our commitment to integrity and transparency, we want to share the steps we took during the previous financial year (1 July 2016 to 30 June 2017) to ensure that slavery and human trafficking is not taking place within our operations or supply chains. Read Compassion UK's Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement.¬†