Stewarding Your Money
Here at Compassion we're passionate about doing things with excellence, including the way we manage our finances. We work hard to ensure donations are used strategically, for the greatest benefit of children in poverty.
From our fundraising activities to our programme activities, weâ€™re accountable for every penny we spend. Our field offices have both internal and external audits regularly and our own office here in the UK is audited externally each year. As a UK Charity and Limited Company, all our accounts are filed with Companies House and the Charity Commission.
HOW WE SPEND YOUR DONATIONS
Last year, 88% of our income was spent on charitable activities. 80% to directly benefit children in poverty and 8% for support costs.
At least 80% of Gift Aid is used to support children living in poverty through Compassion Interventions, specific grants, child ministry and initiatives to advocate on behalf of children.
CHILD, FAMILY AND PROJECT GIFTS
100% of child, family and project gifts go to the Compassion-supported child or young person. Our local project staff and church leaders will help choose a gift that will really make a difference to those receiving it.
OUR 2019/20 ANNUAL REPORT
As our 2019-2020 Annual Report shows, from 1 July 2019 to 30 June 2020, we received Â£46,549,000 in income, an increase of Â£2,409,000.
- On 30 June 2020 107,760 children were sponsored.
- Â£700,000 was donated by supporters to our coronavirus appeal. Compassion UK granted Â£3,292,000 to fund additional interventions in response to the crisis.
- 1,520 mothers and babies were being supported in child survival interventions.
- 92% of sponsors increased their donation by Â£3 per month.
- 482,665 encouraging messages of support were sent between children and their supporters.
View historic Compassion UK Annual Reports.
Take the next step and sponsor a child today