Stewarding Your Money
Here at Compassion we're passionate about doing things with excellence, including the way we manage our finances. We work hard to ensure donations are used strategically, for the greatest benefit of children in poverty.
From our fundraising activities to our programme activities, weâ€™re accountable for every penny we spend. Our field offices have both internal and external audits regularly and our own office here in the UK is audited externally each year. As a UK Charity and Limited Company, all our accounts are filed with Companies House and the Charity Commission.
HOW WE SPEND YOUR DONATIONS
Last year, 88% of our income was spent on charitable activities. 81% to directly benefit children in poverty and 7% for support costs.
At least 80% of Gift Aid is used to support children living in poverty through Compassion Interventions, specific grants, child ministry and initiatives to advocate on behalf of children.
CHILD, FAMILY AND PROJECT GIFTS
100% of child, family and project gifts go to the beneficiary. Our local project staff and church leaders will help choose a gift that will really make a difference to those receiving it.
HIGHLIGHTS FROM OUR 2018/19 ANNUAL REPORT
As our 2018-2019 Annual Report shows, from 1 July 2018 to 30 June 2019, we received Â£44,463,000 in income, an increase of Â£2,819,000 (6.3% growth).
- We saw new sponsorships of 16,386 children.
- Our donations for supporting sponsored and unsponsored children increased by Â£953,000 to Â£30,885,000.
- Gift Aid claimed during the year increased by Â£911,000 to Â£7,240,000.
- We received Â£1,081,000 towards our Different Path appeal. The UK government will match Â£1,047,000 of this over the next three years.
- We supported 488 babies and 483 mums in Child Survival Projects.
- Through Compassion Interventions we constructed 29 toilet blocks, distributed 24,000 mosquito nets and provided safe water through the installation of 21 boreholes.
View historic Compassion UK Annual Reports.Â
Take the next step and sponsor a child today