Donate to Child Protection Interventions and empower our church partners to protect children from unthinkable dangers including abuse, child trafficking, gang violence and neglect.
Our staff and volunteers are in a unique position to identify the warning signs of when a child is in danger and take immediate action. They can facilitate crucial child protection training to keep children safe in the first place.
Compassionâ€™s Child Protection Interventions provide emergency care and legal support for children, counselling and social support forÂ those affected by trauma, and vital child protection training for families.Â
Ebenezer was just six years old when he was sent to work on Ghana’s Lake Volta, a notorious hotbed of child slavery. Battling to take care of nine children, his grandma had been attracted by the traffickersâ€™ promises to send Ebenezer to school and pay for his medical fees.
But the promises were lies.
For three years, Ebenezer worked the lake. He cast the nets and heaved them in until his shoulders burned and his hands cracked and bled. It took the courage of Henry Amanor, a Compassion project director, to step in and help free Ebenezer.Â
Thanks to Compassion’s Child Protection Interventions, we can empower child advocates like Henry to take preventative and responsive action to protect children.
“We hold parent meetings to train caregivers on child protection and preventing child trafficking,” explains Henry. “We know parents so well and this means our caregivers are fully informed on such issues.Â We also talk to children and young people and expose them to all they need to know about their rights.”
Compassion is one of the world’s leading child development charities. Over the past five years support from UK donors has enabled us to train 28,898 children and caregivers in child protection. Together we can make even more of an impact. All our Child Protection Interventions are run in partnership with our church partners who know the needs of their communities inside out, and are there to provide long-term support.
Before I didn’t know anything about child protection and child rights. I have an awareness now on how to protect my body and how to approach a trust-able adult if my rights are violated. I do not need to fear or feel ashamed to bring to notice any incidents if they take place.
A minimum of 80 percent of donations to Compassion UK is used to directly support the development and delivery of interventions. The remaining 20 percent is used to inform and update donors and facilitate support for their chosen intervention or fund Compassion UK activities to support more interventions and children.
A minimum of 80 percent of donations to Compassion UK is used to directly support the development and delivery of interventions.
The remaining 20 percent is used to inform and update donors and facilitate support for their chosen intervention or fund Compassion UK activities to support more interventions and children.
Login to MyCompassion