What is a Compassion Advocate?
Advocates work in their own churches and wider spheres of influence to give a voice to children in poverty. It’s about using your gifts to tell others, particularly the Christians you know, about Compassion. It doesn’t have to take much time or effort and it's a great way to share your passion for helping the poor with people you currently interact with.
We currently have more than 650 Advocates across the UK and Ireland and over 3,000 worldwide.
What does a Compassion Advocate do?
Advocates create opportunities to introduce potential sponsors and donors to Compassion's ministry. This may involve volunteering at events, talking about Compassion to friends over coffee, putting up posters and displays, writing articles for church magazines, talking to your church leadership or giving presentations to church groups. Advocates promote Compassion in all manner of creative ways.
Sharing your passion for helping children who live in poverty and mobilising other to respond can be tremendously effective and rewarding. It is something you can do no matter who or where you are. We would love you to join us as we seek to release more children from poverty in Jesus' name.
Compassion has a team of Regional Partnerships Managers who would love to help you use your unique skills to spread Compassion’s message.
What help do Advocates receive?
As well as our support, we’ll equip you with everything you’ll need, including:
- An Advocate Pack with all of the information you need to tell people about Compassion, including all of our latest films.
- Help in introducing Compassion's ministry to church leadership.
- Compelling films, word-for-word presentations, literature and information about children waiting for sponsorship.
- The opportunity to be part of a regional team of Advocates providing advice, prayer support and practical assistance.
- Access to an exclusive Advocate area on the Compassion website containing news, encouraging Advocate stories from around the world, details of upcoming events and essential Advocate resources.
- Regular e-mail updates specifically for Advocates.
- Training and advice on how you can best go about promoting Compassion’s work.
- Invitations to the annual Compassion conferences and other great events.