We’ve collected together our favourite Bible verses for Father’s Day to celebrate dads around the world. You can share these encouraging Father’s Day verses as a gift to say thank you to your own dad.
Or maybe you’re stuck for inspirational verses on your Father’s Day card? Find a Bible quotes below to bless a father figure in your life.
All of these Father’s Day Bible verses are taken from the NIV version of the Bible.
Bible verses about fathers
The Bible is full of dad verses and wisdom about parenting. Let these Bible verses give you courage that God will provide you with everything you need as you care for your children.
- Matthew 6:8 “Your Father knows what you need before you ask him.”
- Luke 15:20 “So he got up and went to his father. But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him.”
- Proverbs 23:24 “The father of a righteous child has great joy; a man who fathers a wise son rejoices in him.
- Proverbs 22:6 “Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it.”
- Joshua 1:9 “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”
- Psalm 127:3 “Children are a heritage from the Lord, offspring a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one’s youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their opponents in court.”
- John 3:16-17 “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.”
- Joshua 24:15 “But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.”
Discover how you can give a father in poverty a helping hand by sponsoring a child with Compassion. You can lesson the burden on a dad in poverty by providing education, nutritious meals and health-checks for his child.
Father’s Day verses to encourage dads
These are great encouraging Father’s Day Bible verses to read. Take a moment to remind yourself of God’s faithfulness. Perhaps choose a verse to reflect on today – let it be be your encouraging Bible quote of the day.
- Lamentations 3:22-23 “Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.”
- Ephesians 3:20 “Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us.”
- 2 Timothy 2:13 “If we are faithless, he remains faithful, for he cannot disown himself.”
- Deuteronomy 1:29-31 “Then I said to you, ‘Do not be terrified; do not be afraid of them. The Lord your God, who is going before you, will fight for you, as he did for you in Egypt, before your very eyes, and in the wilderness. There you saw how the Lord your God carried you, as a father carries his son, all the way you went until you reached this place.’”
Father’s Day verses about God as our Heavenly Father
Praise God, He is our Heavenly Father who will never leave us or forsake us. God is the perfect father and thanks to Jesus’ sacrifice, we can know Him personally. May you experience God’s unfailing love as you read these incredible Father’s Day Bible verses:
- Isaiah 64:8 “Yet you, Lord, are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand.”
- James 1:17 “Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.”
- 1 John 3:1 “See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!”
- Romans 8:15 “The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.”
- Psalm 103:13 “As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him.”
3 famous fathers in the Bible to spur on all the fathers in our lives
Abraham: A leader with incredible faith, God gave Abraham the task of fathering an entire nation. God kept his promise to Abraham – that the saviour of the world would come through Abraham and Sarah’s son. God was faithful to Abraham as he trusted Him for a son.
Genesis 21:1-2 “Now the Lord was gracious to Sarah as he had said, and the Lord did for Sarah what he had promised. Sarah became pregnant and bore a son to Abraham in his old age, at the very time God had promised him.”
Noah: Noah chose to trust in God. Though the building of the Ark took many years, his sons and daughter-in-law were right beside him. They could have walked away, but Noah taught them how to trust in God.
Noah made some mistakes in his old age, but he taught His sons to follow God’s ways.
Genesis 9:18-19 “The sons of Noah who came out of the ark were Shem, Ham and Japheth. (Ham was the father of Canaan.) These were the three sons of Noah, and from them came the people who were scattered over the whole earth.”
Zacharias: An angel appeared to Zacharias to announce the birth of his son, John. Zacharias was made mute after the announcement until John was born, teaching Zacharias to trust in God. As a priest, Zacharias undoubtedly taught his son much about the coming Messiah.
Luke 1:13 “But the angel said to him: “Do not be afraid, Zechariah; your prayer has been heard. Your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you are to call him John.”
Father’s day prayers
Father God, we pray for dads around the world this Father’s Day. We think particularly of fathers living in poverty. Give strength to those who work long hours or struggle to find employment as they try and care for their families.
God our Father, please guide those of us who are fathers to care for our families with your wisdom. Strengthen us in the daily challenges of parenting. Give us the fruits of your spirit: love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.
And Lord we pray for those who are fatherless or face challenging family situations. For those who find Father’s Day difficult. We praise you that you’re the source of peace and comfort.
In Jesus’ name, Amen.
We’d love you to share these Bible verses and quotes with your dad or a father figure in your life. Encourage someone special today by sharing on social media.
If you’ve enjoyed these Bible verses you may also like:
- Bible verses about children
- Bible verses about love
- Encouraging Bible verses
- Easter Bible verses
- Bible verses for Christmas cards
- Bible verses about strength
Sources: Bible Gateway