Inspiring Easter Bible verses to encourage you
These famous Easter Bible verses remind us of the sacrifice Jesus made on the cross for every one of us. As we celebrate the resurrection of Jesus from the dead, let these Easter Bible quotes inspire you as to how much God loves us!
In the whirlwind of rabbits and colourful eggs, it can be hard to find the heart of Easter. But while Easter celebrations have changed over time, the meaning of Easter remains the same: God sacrificed His one and only son so that we may have salvation, freely given in love.
All of our favourite Easter Bible verses are taken from the NIV version of the Bible.
Here are some of our favourite Easter Bible scriptures. Whether you’re sharing the story of Easter or need inspiration for Easter cards, we hope they encourage you:
- Luke 24: 6 – 7 He is not here; he has risen! Remember how he told you, while he was still with you in Galilee: ‘The Son of Man must be delivered over to the hands of sinners, be crucified and on the third day be raised again.’
- Luke 23:44 – 47 It was now about noon, and darkness came over the whole land until three in the afternoon, for the sun stopped shining. And the curtain of the temple was torn in two. Jesus called out with a loud voice, “Father, into your hands I commit my spirit.” When he had said this, he breathed his last. The centurion, seeing what had happened, praised God and said, “Surely this was a righteous man.”
- Acts 3:15 You killed the author of life, but God raised him from the dead. We are witnesses of this.
- Matthew 28: 18 – 20 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptising them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.
- Mark 8: 31 He then began to teach them that the Son of Man must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and after three days rise again.
Easter quotes from around the world
Around the world, Easter is joyfully celebrated with a wide range of Easter traditions. Thanks to Compassion’s work in some of the world’s poorest communities, thousands of children will also be celebrating this year. When you sponsor a child, you not only give them education and health support, you provide them with the opportunity to hear about Jesus and the love He has for them.
“Easter means freedom. Jesus released us from our sins. He set us free. Because without Jesus in your life your happiness is not true. The true happiness is Jesus,” beams Estefane from Brazil.
“At Easter, we spent time with the family. In that week I sit down to listen, I give hugs to my family, and I give them peace,” says January in the Dominican Republic.
In Bolivia, Caleb shares, “I heard the story when Jesus was placed in a grave and an angel came and pushed the rock and God came out of there. I like that story. Jesus wasn’t there anymore because He’s alive. Easter means that Jesus is my Saviour.”
Easter verses for cards
Looking for Easter verses to write in your Easter cards? These encouraging verses are useful to reveal the marvel of Christ’s resurrection:
Earth’s saddest day and gladdest day were just three days apart. – Susan Coolidge
- Romans 5:8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
- “I believe in Christ like I believe in the sun. Not because I can see it but by it, I can see everything else.” – C.S. Lewis
- John 11:25 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die.”
Easter Bible quotes for the family
Looking for Easter Bible verses for kids to help you share the Easter message with your family? Here are some short Easter quotes from the Bible which are uplifting and remind us of the power of God:
- John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
- Romans 10:9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
- Philippians 2:8 And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death—even death on a cross!
- John 2:19 Jesus answered them, “Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days.”
Bible verses about the resurrection
Jesus is risen! While Jesus died for all our sins, the true miracle is His resurrection. Here are some inspirational Easter verses reminding us of the wonder of Easter:
- Mark 16: 4 – 6 But when they looked up, they saw that the stone, which was very large, had been rolled away. As they entered the tomb, they saw a young man dressed in a white robe sitting on the right side, and they were alarmed. ‘Don’t be alarmed,’ he said. ‘You are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who was crucified. He has risen! He is not here. See the place where they laid him.’
- 1 Corinthians 15:3 – 5 For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that he appeared to Cephas, and then to the Twelve.
- Matthew 28:5 – 7 The angel said to the women, “Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. Then go quickly and tell his disciples: ‘He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.’ Now I have told you.”
Share these Easter Scriptures with friends
As we joyfully reflect on God’s love for us, we hope this has been an uplifting reminder of the wonder that is found in Christ. Why not share these Easter Bible verses with a friend to encourage them today.
If you’ve enjoyed these Bible verses you may also like: