Inspiring new year quotes for 2024
The start of a new year can be exciting and overwhelming, especially during these uncertain times. Whatever you’re feeling as we start 2024, we hope this collection of new year Bible verses will encourage you to face the year with hope.
All these Bible verses for the new year are taken from the NIV version of the Bible.
Our favourite new year Christian messages
We’ve gathered together our favourite new year verses to remind you that God will be with you, no matter what lies ahead. Take a moment to reflect on the truths of God’s word. Perhaps pick out a message from a verse about hope in the Bible and share with a friend.
- Isaiah 40:31 But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
- Psalm 90:12 Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.
- Philippians 3:13-14 Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
- Psalm 65:11 You crown the year with your bounty, and your carts overflow with abundance.
- 1 Peter 1:3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.
- Zephaniah 3:17 The Lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing.
- Habakkuk 1:5 Look at the nations and watch — and be utterly amazed. For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told.
New Year Bible verses about blessings
There’s lots of wisdom about blessings in the Bible. At the start of a new year, these Bible verses help us remember that every good gift comes from God our Heavenly Father.
- James 1:17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.
- Philippians 4:19 And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.
- Psalm 1:1-3 Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers, but whose delight is in the law of the Lord, and who meditates on his law day and night.
- 2 Corinthians 9:8 And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.
- Jeremiah 17:7 But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him.
New Year Bible verses about change
Many of us are fearful of change. It’s hard when we’re not in control of what is happening to us. These verses about change show us that God is in control and He is unchanging. His love is constant, no matter the circumstances we face.
- Lamentations 3:22-24 Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
- Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
- 2 Corinthians 4:17-18 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
- Ecclesiastes 3:1 There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens.
- Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.
- Malachi 3:6 “I the Lord do not change. So you, the descendants of Jacob, are not destroyed.”
The remarkable story of one life changed
As you look forward to the change of a new year, be encouraged by a story of God bringing remarkable change to one life:
“My name is Jay and I was not born free. We didn’t have anything growing up. There was nothing to eat, nothing to drink. We started to beg for food and money, so I started stealing and snatching things from people. Sometime I was arrested. The moment I entered prison I felt like I came to hell.
“I can remember praying to God ‘if you are there, if you exist, please take me out of prison. But most importantly, take me out of poverty.
“I got out of prison, but I went back to Mathare. By God’s grace that’s when Compassion International came in. In the programme, they would give us food, teach us the word of God and I wrote a letter to my first sponsor.
“Somebody I had never met, they knew I could be somebody. And they also told me something I had not had from my family: they told me that they loved me. I started looking at myself as somebody who would actually end up to be somebody. And I felt like I was free.
I am free from poverty, from hunger, from prison, from hopelessness.”
You can bring change to a child like Jay through child sponsorship. Sponsor a child today and bring them reason to hope in 2024.
Bible verses about waiting
It can be hard to be patient and trust in God. When I’m feeling uncertain about years ahead, these are some of the Bible verses about promises I find most reassuring.
- Proverbs 16:9 In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps.
- Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.
- Proverbs 16:4 To humans belong the plans of the heart, but from the LORD comes the proper answer of the tongue.
- Matthew 6:25-26 Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?
- Philippians 4:6-8 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
New Year Bible verses about success
This collection of New Year Bible verses about success helps us understand how God defines success and how we can look to Him for our strength.
- Philippians 4:13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.
- Psalm 37:4 Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.
- Proverbs 16:3 Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and he will establish your plans.
- Luke 16:10 “Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much.
- Matthew 16:26- 27 What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul? For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father’s glory with his angels, and then he will.
If you’ve enjoyed these new year quotes for 2024, you may also be interested in:
- 37 Encouraging Bible Verses – to inspire you with hope and strength
- 50 Bible Verses About God’s Promises – to build your faith
- 25 Christmas Bible Verses – for Christmas cards
Sources: Bible Gateway