How To Use Amazon Smile and Give As You Live
Did you know your everyday purchases could help end extreme poverty? Weâ€™re excited to share two great ways you can donate to Compassion that wonâ€™t cost you a penny!
You can now make Compassion UK your favourite charity on AmazonSmile and Give as you Live. Free and easy to use, these two websites donate to your chosen charity every time you shop through them, all at no extra cost to you.
Hereâ€™s our helpful guide to get you started.
Weâ€™re excited to announce Compassion UK is now part of AmazonSmileâ€™s charity list. This means your everyday purchases could help Compassion bring hope to children living in extreme poverty.
But what is Smile and how does AmazonSmile work?
AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon with the same products, prices and shopping features. Your shopping experience stays the same, but every time you shop on AmazonSmile, Amazon donates to your chosen charity.
How much does AmazonSmile donate?
Amazon automatically donates 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to your chosen charity when you shop on smile.amazon.co.uk. The good news is shopping with AmazonSmile doesnâ€™t cost you, or your chosen charity, any extra.
All Amazon charity donations to Compassion UK will help us reach even more sponsored children. Whether thatâ€™s providing children with malaria nets or taking action in emergency situations, your everyday shopping will help us go further in meeting these individual needs.
How do I get Amazon smile?
If you already have an Amazon account, you can begin shopping instantly. Simply visit smile.amazon.co.uk to get started.
- Log in to your Amazon account and search Compassion UK in the â€˜pick your own charityâ€™ search bar
- Select Compassion UK Christian Child Development
- Youâ€™ll receive an email from Amazon and youâ€™re ready to shop
- Shop as you normally would, knowing each purchase you make also makes a live-changing difference to a child in extreme poverty.
How to use Smile on the Amazon app
The main thing to note with Amazon Smile is you always need to purchase your items through smile.amazon.co.uk rather than the main Amazon site. If you use the Amazon app we have a handy workaround:
- Shop on the app as you would normally, adding items to your basket
- Before you checkout, switch to smile.amazon.co.uk on your mobile browser to complete the process.
If you use an Apple device:
- Visit amazon.smile.co.uk in your Safari browser
- Tap the share button and scroll right to select â€˜add to Home Screenâ€™
- Click add and then delete your old Amazon app.
Which Amazon Smile charity should I donate to?
We believe Compassion UK is the best Amazon smile charity to donate to, but youâ€™ll find a full Amazon Smile charities list on their website. Once youâ€™ve selected your chosen charity, Amazon Smile saves it. You can change your charity at any time.
Give as you Live
What is Give as you Live and how does it work?
Give as you Live is an online fundraising platform that allows you to raise money for your favourite charity, just by shopping online. When you shop at one of the 4,200 leading stores via the Give as you Live website, the store pays Give as you Live a percentage of your total purchase price in commission and of this, 50% is passed on to your charity of choice.
How much does Give as you Live donate?
The donation amount varies from store to store but Give as you Live commits to giving 50% of the commission they receive from retailers to your favourite charity. Every time you make a purchase through Give as you Live theyâ€™ll email you within 1-7 days to let you know how much you've raised.
You can support any of the 200,000 UK-registered charities, but we hope your consider Compassion UK as your charity of choice.
Will your shopping cost more?
No, according to the Give as you Live website youâ€™ll see the same price as you would if youâ€™d visited the store's site directly. The money that is donated to your cause is a commission that the retailer pays Give as you Live for directing a sale to their website.
How do I get Give as you Live?
To get started, simply visit giveasyoulive.com and log in or sign up for free. When you sign up, youâ€™ll be asked to choose a charity to donate to:
- Use the search bar to search for your favourite stores
- Once youâ€™ve found the store, click â€˜shop & raiseâ€™ button
- You'll be redirected to the storeâ€™s website where you can shop as normal
- Once you've made a purchase the store will confirm your transaction with Give as you Live
- Theyâ€™ll then send you an email confirming how much you have raised for your chosen charity.
Give as you Live will only donate to your chosen charity when you go through their website. You can download their donation reminder bar so you never forget.
If you use a smart phone you can also download the Give as you Live app.
Visit the Give as you Live website to find out more.
All AmazonSmile and Give as you Live donations to Compassion UK will go towards meeting the most urgent needs of children around the world. From providing malaria nets to life-saving surgery, a small change to your shopping habits could make a big difference.