Famous quotes about children
We’ve collected together our favourite children quotes as a reminder of how precious kids are! We’re right with you in believing every child matters. As these famous quotes about children show, kids deserve to be safe, fed, educated and empowered:
Our favourite children quotes
Children have the potential to bring incredible change to our world. But first, we need to recognise their value. These sayings about children encourage us to give them our loving care and attention.
- “History will judge us by the difference we make in the everyday lives of children.” ― Nelson Mandela, anti-apartheid revolutionary and political leader
- “If God places a child before you, and you are too busy to wield either a positive or negative influence…you just did the latter! You communicated that the child doesn’t matter and isn’t important.” ― Wess Stafford, President Emeritus of Compassion International
- “Every child is an artist.” – Pablo Picasso, artist
- “Children are great imitators. So give them something great to imitate.” — Anonymous
- “There can be no keener revelation of a society’s soul than the way in which it treats its children.” — Nelson Mandela, anti-apartheid revolutionary and political leader
- “It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.” — Frederick Douglass, abolitionist and statesman
Famous sayings about protecting children
These famous quotations speak of our call to care for the world’s children. Children are the most vulnerable to the devastating effects of poverty, war and famine. These children quotes encourage us that together we can speak up for children’s rights and make a difference.
- “Let us reach out to the children. Let us do whatever we can to support their fight to rise above their pain and suffering.” Nelson Mandela
- “If we nurture the dreams of children, the world will be blessed. If we destroy them, the world is doomed!” ― Wess Stafford
- “Poverty is a very complicated issue, but feeding a child isn’t.”
— Jeff Bridges, actor
- “But when adults speak up for the vulnerable and the weak, working and demanding that safety and respect prevail, God’s little lambs are protected and nourished. They know they are not abandoned; they are loved. And the world becomes a little more like heaven as a result.” ― Wess Stafford
At Compassion UK, we’re passionate about advocating for children. We protect children from poverty and give them vital stability and education through our world-class child sponsorship programme.
We’d like to give you the opportunity to sponsor a child with Compassion and give them the tools they need to break free from poverty. You can give a child the hope and future they deserve.
Quotes about children’s voices changing the world
If you’re a parent, this is a great collection of motivational quotes for kids. Share these
words of wisdom for kids with your children. Give them encouragement that their voice is powerful.
- “Even if people are still very young, they shouldn’t be prevented from saying what they think.” Anne Frank, author
- “Children are more than we think they are; they can do more than we think they can do. All they need is a vote of confidence from grownups, whom they will ultimately replace anyway. Their dream today will become the realities of tomorrow.” ― Wess Stafford
- “Children must be taught how to think, not what to think.” – Margaret Mead, cultural anthropologist
- “Pretty much all the honest truth-telling there is in the world is done by children.” — Oliver Wendell Holmes, author and poet
- “Old men can make war, but it is children who will make history.” — Ray Merritt, author
Christian quotes about children
Children are a gift from God. The Bible tells us that God views children as especially important in His Kingdom. These quotes on children remind us that when we take special care of children, we’re following God’s heart.
- “The child is the beauty of God present in the world, that greatest gift to a family.” Mother Theresa
- “The one lost child matters to the Lord.” Danielle Strickland, Campaigner for justice and friend of Compassion
- “If I could relive my life, I would devote my entire ministry to reaching children for God!” — Dwight L. Moody, evangelist
- “Children are the hands by which we take hold of heaven.” Henry Ward Beecher, clergyman and social reformer
- “You may speak but a word to a child, and in that child there may be slumbering a noble heart which shall stir the Christian Church in years to come.” Charles Spurgeon, preacher
- “The greatest legacy one can pass on to one’s children and grandchildren is not money or other material things accumulated in one’s life, but rather a legacy of character and faith.” — Billy Graham, evangelist
Funny quotes for kids
Children have one kind of silliness, as you know, and grown-ups have another kind. C.S. Lewis
Kids really do say the most amusing things! These funny children quotes come from letters written by children in Compassion projects to their sponsors. Even through the silliness, you can hear the confident voices of children being set free from poverty thanks to child sponsorship.
- “I am very sad that my chicken has sadly just died. We will be attending her funeral on Friday.”
- “I like to play with dolls. Do you have a camel?”
- “Please pray for my mother to have more strength and energy so she can sell her stinking fish.”
- “Please pray for my brother so he will be an intelligent boy.”
Bring a smile to your friends and family by sharing these children quotes on social media today.