Digital Advertising Specialist
Use your digital advertising expertise and insight, project management and technical skills to help Compassion UK make a positive and lasting difference to children living in poverty.
Compassion UK is a leading Christian child development charity. Our work is Christ-centred, church-based and child-focused working through the local church in 25 of the poorest countries.
At the heart of Compassionâ€™s ministry is a relentless passion to act on our faith and empower every child left vulnerable by poverty: a purpose embodied in the phrase â€˜Releasing children from poverty in Jesusâ€™ nameâ€™.
About the role
As Digital Advertising Specialist youâ€™ll work within the fast-paced, vibrant and collaborative Communications department. Your key purpose will be to provide management of Compassion UKâ€™s (CUKâ€™s) digital advertising initiatives. By doing this well, youâ€™ll enable greater reach and engagement with existing and potential sponsors, ultimately releasing even more children from poverty in Jesusâ€™ name.
- Actively maintain and promote Compassion UKâ€™s Christian ethos and values;
- Deliver Digital Advertising strategies to meet agreed organisational outcomes;
- Create and deliver effective digital advertising campaigns across CUK communication landscape;
- Manage relevant partnerships and relationships, internally and externally, to ensure compliance and consistency across digital advertising and other CUK communications;
- Content and Technical support for Marketing and Engagement Department.
To flourish in this role, youâ€™ll need:
- Excellent and in-depth knowledge of Digital Advertising.
- Attention to detail as well as able to cast a long-term vision.
- Ability to work across organisation.
- To understand how to ensure a relevant digital advertising strategy for our audience.
- Excellent IT and technical skills.
- Good project management skills.
- Core office/administrative skills.
It would help (but isnâ€™t essential) to have:
- A relevant qualification from Chartered Institute of Marketing, The Institute of Direct and Digital Marketing, e-business or other media/comms establishment.
- Experience in conversion copywriting and creative selection.
We need you to be:
- Personally committed to the Christian faith. Thereâ€™s an occupational requirement for the holder of this role to be a practising Christian, in order to promote Compassionâ€™s ethos and help others to experience, explore and express the faith-based motivation of our work. (You can read more about this in our Policy on Posts to be Held by Christians.)
- Deeply connected to Compassionâ€™s ministry to children.
- Aligned to Compassion UKâ€™s cultural attributes.
- A â€˜people personâ€™.
- A great listener and communicator.
- A technical and analytical thinker.
- Numerically literate. You need to be confident in advising on data-led advertising.
- Creative, innovative and flexible.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
Location & Benefits
Compassion UK is a great place to work, in our modern â€˜agileâ€™ office just 15-minute walk from Fleet station. This is an office-based role working 35 hours per week Monday - Friday 9.00- 17.00. Benefits include enhanced pension scheme with 10% employer contribution, 25 days annual holiday plus Bank Holidays, Income Protection and Group Life cover on appointment, private healthcare and dental insurance on successful completion of probation.
Welcome to Candidates
Job Profile - Digital Advertising Specialist
Click here to apply
The closing date for completed applications noon on 29th July 2019. Interviews will take place w/c 5th August 2019 at Compassion House, Fleet. Please submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to change the closing date of our vacancies. Late applications may be considered.
Please note that we cannot consider applicants who do not presently have the right to work in the UK.
Compassion is a child-focused ministry; we believe every child should be known, loved and protected. One area of the interview will explore your personal commitment to child protection. A satisfactory basic Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will be a requirement once a conditional offer of employment is made to successful candidates.