Visit your Child
Meeting your sponsored child in person will be one of your child's most memorable experiences (and quite possibly yours too!).
Compassion can arrange for individual sponsors to meet with their sponsored children. Compassion welcomes these visits as an added gift and valuable input into the child's life.
Sponsor visits take place over the course of one day, usually at the child's home or another convenient location, depending on the sponsor's travel plans and the location of the child's home. Sponsors will need to arrange their own travel and accommodation whilst they are in the country where their sponsored child lives.
Important things to consider
- You must have sponsored your child for at least a year before visiting and Compassion reserves the right to refuse a visit.
- Visits must be arranged six weeks in advance through Compassion UK.
- Compassion can arrange for you to meet with your sponsored child and will provide a visit host to accompany you.
- Sponsor visits are usually three to six hours, allowing you plenty of time to get to know your sponsored child.
- Visits are limited to one day only and to one visit a year.
- Your visit will be at your child's home or at another convenient location, depending on your travel plans and the location of your child's home.
- Not all Compassion projects are open everyday and most close during the school holidays, so it may not be possible for you to see your child's project in action.
- You will need to arrange your own travel and accommodation whilst you are in the country where your child lives.
- While visiting your child, you will have to pay for any expenses incurred, which could include transport, translation, visit host, meals and accommodation.
- Family and friends are welcome to join you on your visit. In order to avoid overwhelming your sponsored child, their family or the project staff, we may advise on appropriate numbers
Please note that before you can visit your sponsored child you will have to download and complete the Compassion Child Protection Form. Each person over the age of 18 will also need to have a valid Police Check, Criminal Records Bureau Check (CRB) or Basic Disclosure. If you already have one issued within the last two years for another purpose, you should send us a photocopy of the form. If not, you can apply for a basic disclosure at www.disclosurescotland.co.uk. This service is available to all residents of the UK.
Please ensure that you have read and agree with the conditions above before arranging a visit.
If you are ready to begin arranging your visit, please complete the form below.
Once we receive your forms and documents we will contact the country you wish to visit and they will let us know whether the proposed dates are suitable. We will then confirm the details with you, including the date, cost and contact information within two weeks.
For more information about visiting your sponsored child please download the Visit Handbook.
If you have any questions, contact us on 01932 836490 or e-mail email@example.com